Using the radio buttons for conversion registration time reporting permits you to change how your global conversion reporting is represented based on event timestamps. The following article covers the different time-based options available for conversion reporting and what kind of impact they have on displaying your reports.
There are two different time-based factors that implicate how conversion reports are generated: visit timestamp and postback timestamp.
- Visit timestamp: Time of when a user visited your campaign.
- Postback timestamp: Time of when a conversion is registered for a user that visited your campaign.
Visit Time Reporting
Voluum Info: The conversion will still be visible within the conversions report for the 18th January, when it was received.
Postback Time Reporting
Reporting by postback time will update global reporting based on the time conversions are received on your campaign. Referencing the example provided above, the conversion will be counted across all reporting when the selected report time range includes the 18th of January. When conversion reporting is based on a postback timestamp, you will have a better correlation of conversion statistics from within Voluum and 3rd party networks / sources attributed to your campaign.
Switching between Visit and Conversion Time Reporting
Follow the steps below to change which setting is used for your conversion reporting:
1. Sign in to Voluum.
2. Click the icon (top right corner of the screen). Your account view will show up.
3. In the General Settings tab find the Conversion registration time reporting section. Select your preferred option:
- Visit timestamp
- Postback timestamp (conversion timestamp)
4. Click the Save button. Your conversion reporting will now be refreshed with the selected method.
Voluum Info: Note that it is likely that your conversion statistics will change when switching between the conversion reporting time option.