Voluum offers you a beta version of the Flow and Campaign forms. Now,within a Voluum look & feel,
you can add the flow and campaign entity in a consistent and balanced way. Currently, it is available for testing to selected customers.
<< Part 1 Part 3 >>
Once you have defined what kind of the campaign you want to advertize and in which traffic source, you need to characterize which lander(s) and / or offer(s) should be assigned to a given campaign. As you may find in the campaign's destination settings, you can do that by selecting the flow defined before, add a path with the lander(s) / offer(s), or just provide a simple, direct URL. Voluum enables you to track the campaign directly within the campaign URL, however you are strongly encouraged to use the other two options. Why? Because when you specify the lander(s) / offer(s) in your Voluum campaign, you will gain access to a variety of resources in the campaign reports. Setting up the destination URL limits you with the tracking options available while running the campaign.
II. Choose Your Campaign Destination
To choose the destination method and configure the campaign funnel, perform the following steps:
1. In the DESTINATION tab go to the Campaign destination section and select the Path radio button. The path settings will be displayed in the campaign form.
2. Click the Load paths from flow template button. The Flow template pop-up window will show up.
To find more information on flows, go to the Defining a Flow within a New Look article.
3. Select a template for the flow - the template will be used as a predefined set of landers and offers that are going to be set in the campaign's path. Click the Load button to upload the template to the campaign form.
In this guide, the flow template with one lander and two offers is selected.
4. If required, change the value of the Default redirect mode. The Default redirect mode value will be valid for the global setup for all paths. However, it is possible to have a specific redirect mode for each individual path.
5. Go to the section where paths can be set:
To read more about the redirect mode options available in Voluum, go to the Redirect Modes in the Flow Setup article.
- Rule-based paths: The paths where the traffic is targeted within defined constraints. Adding the rule-based paths is optional and should be driven by your business requirements.
- Default paths: A single default path is always required in the flow. Default paths do not have any traffic-targeting options, thus traffic that does not match the criteria set in the Rule-based paths section, will be passed along the default path.
6. The selected flow template will be added to the Default paths section. You should see all elements of the uploaded flow template. In the example, the following entities are available:
- Global - Lander with Two Offers
- Global - My Winter Offer
- Global - Offer with Conversion Cap
7. Now, you can adjust the properties of the entities to the business needs of the campaign:
7a. In the Default paths section hover over the New path section in the Flow form and, once it is highlighted, click it. The pop-up window with the path's details will show up.
Voluum Info: Every time you add a new path, a default path's name is set to New path.
7i. Provide a name in the Path name field. The path's name does not need to be unique, however it is highly recommended to provide the name that will be clear in further setup.
7ii. If required, change the value of Redirect mode. This value will be applicable only for the selected path and will not override the global value in the flow setup.
7b. To change the properties of the lander (offer), click the icon next to the name of the lander / offer. The pop-up window with the lander's (offer's) details will show up.
7i. Provide the required changes.
7ii. Click the Save button to modify the lander / offer.
Voluum Info:If you want to change the traffic flow and have only offers in your campaign funnel, select the Direct linking checkbox. This will exclude landing pages from the campaign funnel.
7c. Set weights of the path and offer(s) / lander(s): The automatic values of weights are assigned every time when the entity (path, lander, offer) is added. To manually adjust the entity's weight, click the weight value and provide its value in the field.
8. (Optional) If you have changed the properties of the uploaded flow template, you can save it as a new flow. To do so, select the Save as flow checkbox and provide a new name for it. When you save the campaign, the flow will be added to your Voluum flows.
9. Verify all the settings for your campaign and click the Save button. Once your campaign is successfully saved, a new Campaign URL is uniquely generated and the campaign is added to the list of active campaigns.
10. Copy the Campaign URL and submit it to the relevant traffic source for approval. You have created the campaign entity in Voluum. Go to the last part of this guide to see best practices of creating and maintaining campaigns in Voluum.
<< Part 1 Part 3 >>
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the weight of an entity (path, lander, offer)?
A path’s weight value is used to set traffic distribution – by percentage – when a flow has more than one default path. When multiple paths are created, they are automatically assigned a default weight value of 100. A path’s weight value can be edited at any time to redistribute traffic at an optimal ratio. This is usually done once the performance of a path has been accurately measured following the campaign’s test period.
Moreover, the weight value of 100 is assigned automatically to new paths along with any landers/offers added. When any additional landers/offers are added to a path, the ratio (%) of traffic distribution is automatically updated.
- I'm sure that I have added the flow to Voluum, but I cannot see it among other flows during selection. Could you explain why?
If you cannot see the added flow during selection, it's highly likely that you have selected the Country label that does not match the Country label in the flow. For example, if you have assigned the Australia label to the flow in Voluum, you won't see this flow if you have selected other option than Australia or Global from the drop-down menu in the campaign form.
- Besides the standard Campaign URL, I've got the Impression pixel URL after having saved the campaign entity. How can I use it?
The Impression pixel URL is used to track impressions in Voluum. Actually, both URLs, the Impression pixel URL and Campaign URL, are placed in order to record impressions, pass variable data from the source, and ensure that traffic is redirected correctly to the campaign. To read more, go to the Tracking Impressions in Voluum article.