Voluum offers you a beta version of the Automation feature. It allows you to take a look at your current data and adjust a campaign funnelaccordingly to get the best results in terms of ROI/EPV/CRV. Currently, it is available for testing to selected customers.
Even more, the Automation feature is also applicable when you set the conversion cap for your offers. Once the conversion cap is reached for the primary offer, the redirect offer is taken as a new offer in terms of the automatic weights. In other words, the weight of the redirect offer is adjusted progressively, once the data is gathered.
Voluum Note: The Automation is only available through the new look of flows and campaigns.
Turning on Automatic Weights for Your Offers
1. Sign in to Voluum.
2. Edit the campaign / flow setup.
3. (For campaigns only) Go to the DESTINATION tab.
4. Go to the path where you want to optimize the offers' weights and edit it. The Automation feature is available either for rule-based paths or for default paths.
5. Hover over the path's subsection in the Flow / Campaign form and, once it is highlighted, click it. The path's details show up on the right-hand side.
6. In the path's details form go to the Automation section.
7. Turn on the Automatic offer weights toggle to automate the calculation of the offers' weights.
8. Click the Save button. Now, the offers' weights are blocked from further editing and will be automatically adjusted based on the Voluum calculations.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have more questions about the Automation feature? You might find the answer below:
- What data is used for automatic weights in the paths? And what if I don't collect all pieces of information for my offers? Can I still turn on the automatic offers' weights in the paths?
The Automation calculations are based on the Return of investment (ROI), Earnings per visitor (EPV), and conversion rate (CRV) data. However, the Automation algorithm was developed in a way that you can apply it even though some pieces of information are not collected for the offers in Voluum. Thus, you can turn on the automatic weights for the offers and the calculations will be based on the collected data.
Below you can get an overview which information is accessed depending on what kind of data is available:
- If there are cost and revenue reported for every offer in the path, the calculations of the weights are based on ROI
- If the revenue is reported for every offer in the path but there is no cost information in Voluum, the calculations are based on EPV
- If there is no revenue and cost, the calculations are based on CVR
- What happens when the redirect offer is already set in the path’s setup as a separate offer? How the automatic weights are calculated in that case?
If you have the following configuration set in the path:
Then, after reaching the daily cap for the offer A, you will get the scenario:
- Offer A (this is the primary offer with a conversion cap set; after reaching the daily cap, the redirect offer is offer B)
- Offer B
- Offer C
When the cap is reached for the primary offer, the automatic weight of the offer B goes along with the previous calculations for the offer B. The weights are calculated with the approach that there are two offers in the path's setup: offer B and offer C.
- Offer B (the redirect offer)
- Offer B
- Offer C
- Is there any way to find out what the current values of the offers' weights are?
Once the campaign is started, you can see the values of the automatic weights greyed out in a place where normally the weights are displayed:
Keep in mind that if there is a conversion cap set for the offer and the daily cap limit is reached, the weight of the primary offer is marked with the Automatic label, but the weight is neither calculated nor displayed in the setup. The weight of the redirect offer is not shown either.