I. Configure the Custom Domain on the Registrar's Side
To set up a custom domain on the Namecheap side, perform the following steps:
1. Purchase / register your domain on Namecheap. In this guide, we’re using the domain: voluumnamecheap.com 2. Go to the NameCheap dashboard and add your domain.
3. Click on the house icon and select Advanced DNS settings from the drop-down menu.
4. A new menu will load with a button labelled . Click on this button to open up the record type drop-down menu. 5. Select CNAME Record from the drop-down list and fill in the required fields. 5a. Add a new subdomain of your choice into the Host field (i.e. www or track).
5b. Provide the Voluum domain into the Value field. Note: All domains assigned to your account you can find in the Domains tab in Voluum. If the Dedicated Domain is already available on your account, it is highly recommended to point to the Dedicated Domain. Otherwise, you should point to one of the legacy domains.
5c. Shorten the TTL number if required - a lower TTL range will result in the DNS settings propagating quicker. 5d. Click on the green tick to save the CNAME record.
II. Set up the Custom Domain in Voluum
Now you need to add the new custom domain with its subdomain prefix into your Voluum account, for example track.voluumnamecheap.com.
1. Go to the Voluum platform and sign in to Voluum.
2. Click the (top right corner of the screen). Your account data view will show up.
3. Go to the Domains tab.
4. Add your new subdomain (track.cliqski.com in this example) as your custom domain.
To find out how to set up a custom domain in Voluum, go to the Adding a Custom Domain article, section: II. Set up the Custom Domain in Voluum.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have more questions about the domains? You might find the answer below:
- What is the difference between the legacy domain, custom domain, and Dedicated Domain?
To get familiar with the concept of tracking domains in Voluum, read the Dedicated Domain, Redirect Domain, Legacy Domains, and Custom Domains article.
- How to add a custom domain to Voluum?
To learn how to set up the custom domain in Voluum, go to the Adding a Custom Domain article.
You might also find the following links useful:
- I've added the custom domain, but it isn't working
If only you have set up the custom domain properly, you might experience a DNS validation error. Read more in the FAQ: Why isn't my custom domain working? article.