To set up a custom domain on Dynadot, perform the following steps:
- Purchase your domain (cliqski.com in this example)
3. Dynadot requires you to add an A record, add an A record of 0.0.0.0
4. Add a new sub-domain (track.cliqski.com)
5. Select CNAME from the Record Type drop-down menu.
6. Provide your Voluum domain in the IP Address or Target Host field.
Voluum Note:All domains assigned to your account you can find in the Domains tab in Voluum. If the Dedicated Domain is already available on your account, you need to point to the Dedicated Domain. Otherwise, you should provide a name of one of the Voluum legacy domains.
7. Click the Save DNS button.
8. Go to the Voluum platform:
8a. Sign in to Voluum.
8b. Click the icon (top right corner of the screen). Your account data view will show up.
8c. Go to the Domains tab.
8d. Add your new subdomain (track.cliqski.com in this example) as your custom domain.
To find out how to set up a custom domain in Voluum, go to the Adding a Custom Domain article, section: II. Set up the Custom Domain in Voluum.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have more questions about the domains? You might find the answer below:
- What is the difference between the default domain, custom domain, and Dedicated Domain?
To get familiar with the concept of tracking domains in Voluum, read the Dedicated Domain, Redirect Domain, Legacy Domains, and Custom Domains article.
- How to add a custom domain to Voluum?
To learn how to set up the custom domain in Voluum, go to the Adding a Custom Domain article.
You might also find the following links useful:
- I've added the custom domain, but it isn't working
If only you have set up the custom domain properly, you might experience a DNS validation error. Read more in the FAQ: Why isn't my custom domain working? article.