To set up a custom domain on Dynadot, follow the steps:
1. Purchase your domain at GoDaddy.com (voluumtut.com in this example)
2. Go to the Classic DNS Manager
3. Click Quick Add
4. Input a subdomain name of your choice in the CNAME input field ("track" in this example)
5. Provide the Voluum domain into the Points to field.
Voluum Note:All domains assigned to your account you can find in the Domains tab in Voluum. If the Dedicated Domain is already available on your account, you need to point to the Dedicated Domain. Otherwise, you should provide a name of one of the Voluum legacy domains.
6. Optionally select a 10 minute TTL (time to live) for faster propagation.
7. Go to the Voluum platform:
7a. Sign in to Voluum.
7b. Click the icon (top right corner of the screen). Your account data view will show up.
7c. Go to the Domains tab.
7d. Add your new subdomain (track.cliqski.com in this example) as your custom domain.
To find out how to set up a custom domain in Voluum, go to the Adding a Custom Domain article, section: II. Set up the Custom Domain in Voluum.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have more questions about the domains? You might find the answer below:
- What is the difference between the legacy domain, custom domain, and Dedicated Domain?To get familiar with the concept of tracking domains in Voluum, read the Dedicated Domain, Redirect Domain, Legacy Domains, and Custom Domains article.
- How to add a custom domain to Voluum?To learn how to set up the custom domain in Voluum, go to the Adding a Custom Domain article.
You might also find the following links useful:
- I've added the custom domain, but it isn't workingIf only you have set up the custom domain properly, you might experience a DNS validation error. Read more in the FAQ: Why isn't my custom domain working? article.